There are newer employer reviews for Absolute Staffers

A learning experience of how not to treat one's employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Absolute Staffers

Pros

Good entry level job. You may get your foot in the door at a government agency.

Cons

No work life balance. Compensation is considerably lower than market value. Feedback from managers on your performance is far and few between. Turnover is extremely high, corporate staff was replaced annually. Unethical and illegal practices used in areas where compliance should be the utmost importance. Family owned and the drama spills over into the work place, nepotism is rampant. I would not recommend Absolute Staffers to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Pursue degree/knowledge in business. Learn that your employees are one of your most important assets. Do not give preferential treatment to family members that have low or poor performance. Evaluate benefits and compensation to be competitive with the market. Follow rules and regulations that can help you stay compliant with Federal and State law. Decrease turnover by hiring the right person for the job, not the person who will take the lowest wage.

reviews filtered by
  1. "Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Fulton, MD
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Fulton, MD

I have been working at Absolute Staffers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. The atmosphere is positive, uplifting, and fun. It' s a pleasure working with my co-workers and management. We currently have a good team. I have gained much experience in my field as well as, learned more about the company. Pay and benefits are great. I like my role in the company and the fact that there is opportunity for growing. Management are great mentors and role models for me, and encourage growth and development. I like coming to work everyday to Absolute Staffers. This is one of the best companies I have had the opportunity to work for.

Cons

The company needs more hard-working employees that see and believe in the vision and mission of the Company.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and executing the vision and mission of the company.

2. Huge Mistake

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

I worked at Absolute Staffers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It started out positive. There was a lot of dialogue regarding the need to "fix" things and "move in a new direction". There were occasional team lunches, and nice personal gestures made to employees.

Cons

Talk of change was not genuine. Promises to employees were not kept, and individuals were strung along as long as possible. Disputes among family members (about 40% of the corp. staff) were long, loud, and repeated. in some cases, police were called and accusatory faxes were sent to all company machines. The owner's daughter treated employees as being beneath her. Owner and her sister performed a skit mocking two team members who had quit the company. If you didn't have to experience this place, you would almost have to laugh in disbelief. Since most family members were not qualified for their position, constant "meetings" were held where nothing was accomplished. Truly a death by meeting scenario. Compensation/Hourly practices were not fair or consistent with regulation.

Advice to Management

Recognize the pattern in these reviews. Own the reality of constant high turnover, and don't make excuses. If everyone except for family sees a problem; it's probably there.

There are newer employer reviews for Absolute Staffers