Abt Associates
www.abtassociates.com Cambridge, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good work, good pay, capable co-workers, no support of any kind

Principal Associate (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Abt Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAbt Associates feels like the A-Team. The employees are smart, hard-working, and generally know how to get along in teams. The projects are challenging, sometimes cutting-edge, and the chance for travel is abundant. The pay is very good for the industry, in line with the long-ish hours that are expected as compared to other companies doing the same projects. Management meddling is minimal, and if you can deliver results, you can generally set your own agenda and eventually pick many of your own projects.

ConsYou will get zero support from anyone. If you need hand-holding, training, career guidance, or mentorship, look elsewhere. For self-starters and self-directed employees with skills to sell internally to projects it's great, but if you ever need help, forget it. You are the sum of your chargeable hours, period.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employees feel valuable as individuals, not just billable hours on a timesheet, and you'll reduce turnover.

Great career opportunity; right place, right time.

Associate (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Abt Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros: Ability to grow; readiness of higher-ups to provide challenging and… Cons: CEO and EVP could afford to be a bit more… Advice to Senior Management: Clarify your vision. Inspire us. Remind us why we're here. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great place to work and great people to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I worked at Abt Associates

Pros: Very professional atmosphere, mutual respect, family friendly, growing business, meaningful work with… Cons: A siloed environment with deeply entrenched cultures. The warren of tiny individual offices can be impersonal. Too… Advice to Senior Management: Continue breaking down those silos and unifying systems and cultures! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Abt Associates.

Worked for Abt Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abt Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Abt Associates CEO Kathleen L. Flanagan. All reviews posted anonymously by Abt Associates employees.