Abt Associates
www.abtassociates.com Cambridge, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place to start your career. Extremely good and smart people.

Associate (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

ProsPeople are the number one asset of the company. Great relationships developed at the workplace. Smart and engaging clients. Good opportunities for growth and work in different areas. Interesting and meaningful work that company does domestically and around the world. Good work-life balance overall but could vary highly, depending on the manager.

ConsMost factors affecting your job satisfaction are driven by the management style and management capabilities by your direct supervisor. it could be the best or worst job in the world, depending on your supervisor. Not great pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome senior managers lack any management skills or education - they are great technical experts but not great managers. People working under those managers may suffer.

Young People with Fresh Energy and Ideas Will not Last Long Here.

Associate (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Abt Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible work schedule depending on your manager. Collegiate environment, lots of ivy leaguers, sometimes friendly. You can meet some great people there. Great place to begin your… Cons: Senior Management can sometimes be unbelievably rude and intimidating therefore environment turns hostile very quickly. Most senior managers are technical experts who do not know how… Advice to Senior Management: Create an environment that fosters collaboration and nurtures fresh talent. Be an inspiration to younger staff, solicit their opinions and views on how to accomplish… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A supportive, but competitive group of socially-conscious and research oriented consultants

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Abt Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Working on socially and politically relevant issues - Team-based work provides opportunities to do different… Cons: - Culture of self-advocacy (put yourself out there for opportunities to be exposed to different work) -Focus on admin… Advice to Senior Management: Offer broader, more substantive opportunities to Master's level (and Bachelor's level)… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Abt Associates.

Worked for Abt Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abt Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Abt Associates CEO Kathleen L. Flanagan. All reviews posted anonymously by Abt Associates employees.