Academic Advantage

www.academicadvantage.com
  www.academicadvantage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Academic Advantage

Very unorganized "company." It doesn't seem like a company because the owners are so cheap.

Current Employee - Invoice and Payment in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Invoice and Payment in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Academic Advantage

Pros

They provide you with a job. In a time when people don't have jobs, they gave me a job. And I am thankful for that.

Seems like things are changing, they are expanding and seem more willing to change the system so the company can be more efficient and organized.

Cons

Very cheap company. When you walk in, it looks like they just rented these rooms with old computers and stains on the walls and carpets.

The pay is little, no benefits unless you work there for 6 months, and even then, you still pay a lot for the health benefits.

You guys need to get your acts together. Congratulate your employees when they do something great. Don't harass your employees when something goes wrong. Employees need incentive to work better. If I do something beyond what I am supposed to do, and I am not commended for it, it gives me less motivation to work harder because it will never be enough.

Management seems out of touch of what the employees go through. They look at numbers (such as, we are supposed to do a 100 of these forms a day), well it's impossible when you give us other projects to do. Yet we still get harassed that we didn't do 100 of these forms.

You need to get in touch with the employees, and be in their shoes. If you don't want a high turnover rate, pay them more, give them benefits, and spend some money on the company to make it a legitimate place to work. And more importantly, BE MORE ORGANIZED and stop having these stupid management meetings wasting our time because it has nothing to do with us!

89 Other Employee Reviews for Academic Advantage (View Most Recent)

Good pay, flexible hours

Former Employee - Academic Tutor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Academic Tutor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Academic Advantage

Pros

Higher pay than many other tutoring companies. They find you the clients and you schedule with the client the day/time, which I liked.

Cons

No pay for driving time or mileage, which can really add up.

I think they should pay for mileage since many of the clients they give you are a little far away.

Good job for supplementary income

Current Employee - Tutor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Tutor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Academic Advantage

Pros

opportunity to have extremely flexible hours

Cons

Lots of paperwork to fill out for each student

reduce the paper work filled out by tutors

There are newer employer reviews for Academic Advantage