Academic Advantage

www.academicadvantage.com

Very unorganized "company." It doesn't seem like a company because the owners are so cheap.

Invoice and Payment (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey provide you with a job. In a time when people don't have jobs, they gave me a job. And I am thankful for that.

Seems like things are changing, they are expanding and seem more willing to change the system so the company can be more efficient and organized.

ConsVery cheap company. When you walk in, it looks like they just rented these rooms with old computers and stains on the walls and carpets.

The pay is little, no benefits unless you work there for 6 months, and even then, you still pay a lot for the health benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys need to get your acts together. Congratulate your employees when they do something great. Don't harass your employees when something goes wrong. Employees need incentive to work better. If I do something beyond what I am supposed to do, and I am not commended for it, it gives me less motivation to work harder because it will never be enough.

Management seems out of touch of what the employees go through. They look at numbers (such as, we are supposed to do a 100 of these forms a day), well it's impossible when you give us other projects to do. Yet we still get harassed that we didn't do 100 of these forms.

You need to get in touch with the employees, and be in their shoes. If you don't want a high turnover rate, pay them more, give them benefits, and spend some money on the company to make it a legitimate place to work. And more importantly, BE MORE ORGANIZED and stop having these stupid management meetings wasting our time because it has nothing to do with us!

Good pay, flexible hours

Academic Tutor (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Academic Advantage

Pros: Higher pay than many other tutoring companies. They find you the… Cons: No pay for driving time or mileage, which can really… Advice to Senior Management: I think they should pay for mileage since many of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good job for supplementary income

Tutor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Academic Advantage

Pros: opportunity to have extremely flexible hours Cons: Lots of paperwork to fill out for each student Advice to Senior Management: reduce the paper work filled out by tutors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Academic Advantage.

Worked for Academic Advantage? Contribute to the Community!