Academy working

Current Employee - Receiving in Evans, GA
Current Employee - Receiving in Evans, GA

I have been working at Academy Sports & Outdoors

Pros

I like the hours i work. 4am to 1pm. Employee discounts. medical and dental plans are good.

Cons

the employee discount is going from 25% off to 15%. though that is still decent. it feels like members only if you're not in the click of management and junior management. there's a lot of gossip and trouble making in parts of management.

Advice to Management

work opposite the team leader. work with the employees not only the team leader.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Academy is concerned about the growth of their employees and provides a comfortable working environment.

Current Employee - Team Lead - Logistics/Receiving
    Current Employee - Team Lead - Logistics/Receiving

I have been working at Academy Sports & Outdoors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Academy offers health, dental, and eye benefits to all full-time employees, along with new "associate perks" that allow the employee to get further benefits from other services (AT&T discounts, LaQuinta, etc...)

Cons

The pay is very low, with mid-level managers having a base pay rate of $10/hr. Due to the laid back environment, store managers seem to "let things slide" and the work load becomes completely unbalanced for those harder working employees.

Advice to Management

The high turnover rate could be caused by both the low hourly rates, and the unbalanced workload that is placed on employees. For myself, I have been given jobs from multiple departments (not originally stated in the job description) which I have gone with in stride, however have not received any form of appreciation whether that be a raise or even appreciation from the higher ups.

2. Good Company!

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Academy Sports & Outdoors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for that cares about it's people and provides opportunity for growth.

Cons

Long hours and behind in technology.