Academy Sports & Outdoors
www.academy.com Katy, TX 5000+ Employees

A good place to work, if you know how to keep people out of your personal life.

Team Lead (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Academy Sports & Outdoors full-time for more than a year

ProsVery open to advancement opportunities, easy enough place to work, zoning standards higher than most companies. Pretty good pay. Co-workers make it the place that it is.

ConsManagement gossips more than any associate there and will not hesitate to hold personal grudges to stamp out any possibility for advancement if they are caught gossiping.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to be more level headed management structure, they feel as if they are above the rules. Show up late, leave early. Gossip constantly. Show extreme favoritism.

Corporate IT Dept - Join team at your own risk

IT00 (Current Employee)
Katy, TX

I have been working at Academy Sports & Outdoors full-time for more than a year

Pros: Some great team members. Discount in stores. Cafeteria has a… Cons: If you get to work at 8:30 you forget having a place to park, employees are forced to park in the grass and when it… Advice to Senior Management: A clean sweep is the only thing that can save you, how else can you justify the turnover of over 35 employees in a year… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I MIGHT AS WELL WORK AT WAL-MART!!!!

Front End Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Academy Sports & Outdoors part-time for more than a year

Pros: 20% Discount It's a job you get paid uniforms Cons: The company is extremely disorganized and does not care about the hourly employees. This is NOT a good job for college students, people with… Advice to Senior Management: Get it together No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Worked for Academy Sports & Outdoors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Academy Sports & Outdoors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Academy Sports & Outdoors CEO Rodney Faldyn. All reviews posted anonymously by Academy Sports & Outdoors employees.