Academy Sports & Outdoors

www.academy.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Academy Sports & Outdoors

They are just like any other retailer but they are good at working around your schedule.

Current Employee - Cashier Team Lead in Lubbock, TX
Current Employee - Cashier Team Lead in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Academy Sports & Outdoors part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a very easy job that requires little thought. It would be hard to get fired from this store. The only real way to get fired is to steal or to accumulate to many attendance points resulting in termination. I like the people i work with. That makes the days go by faster and makes it far more enjoyable.

Cons

It's retail.... sometimes other co-workers like to slack off forcing you to carry their weight. Some times they poor a lot of work on-top of you and they want you to stop and help every customer. You will work late some nights when you close.

Try to make it more enjoyable. They hardly care about their employes desire to come to work.

510 Other Employee Reviews for Academy Sports & Outdoors (View Most Recent)

Not fair

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Katy, TX

I have been working at Academy Sports & Outdoors (more than 8 years)

Pros

Chance to learn something. All jobs can teach you some new things after all. It helped me learn how a big retail business operates from the inside

Cons

Lots of favoritism in the corporate office. No internal growth or transfers despite being qualified. No one to question the choices even when it is not merit based. Very low pay

Check the potential of your current employees before hiring outsiders and also be impartial. Stop this favoritism and discrimination.

Good job while in school

I worked at Academy Sports & Outdoors part-time

Pros

The discounts were great. I enjoyed selling guns and learning about the products on 3point5.com. Also I enjoyed helping the customers

Cons

Managers micromanage even small tasks. I felt like I had no opportunity for advancement. Never had a raise during the couple years I worked there, and was told I would.

Give opportunities for your better employees for promotion. It shouldn't take a person with a BS in Business Management four years to move into a management position while managers with no college and disrespectful attitudes rule the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Academy Sports & Outdoors