Academy of Art University
www.academyart.edu San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It's time to match the processes and metrics to the mission

Undergraduate Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsThe salary is good, benefits are adequate, and we use Salesforce, which is an incredible tool.

ConsSo many people in this position are actively looking for work elsewhere. They recruit passionate people who care about inspiring students for careers in art and design, and then treat us like drones or automatons. Attention needs to be paid to the culture - if the admissions reps are dissatisfied and feel unsupported and unappreciated, and they're the face of the school to prospective students, that has a direct impact on the school's enrollment and employee turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart digging into why so many admissions representatives leave before their one year mark, and stop treating this department like a call center for a sales organization. It's not sales - you can absolutely use some sales techniques, but it has to be a radically different approach.
Build up your middle managers, develop your staff, and be intentional in developing a positive culture. You may need outside consultants to come and address these issues, because it doesn't seem like any of the quite obvious issues in our department are making any kind of impact on the C-level.

The worst job I ever had

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Academy of Art University full-time

Pros: A great opportunity to work with terrific colleagues, we helped… Cons: Management is terrible; people are not promoted on merit, there are more incompetent… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great!

I have been working at Academy of Art University full-time

Pros: * You'll feel challenged on a daily basis * Working in a student centric environment * Fast paced environment * Convenient location… Cons: * Benefits are not that great Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Academy of Art University.

Worked for Academy of Art University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Academy of Art University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Academy of Art University CEO Elisa Stephens. All reviews posted anonymously by Academy of Art University employees.