It's time to match the processes and metrics to the mission

Current Employee - Undergraduate Admissions Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Undergraduate Admissions Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Academy of Art University full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary is good, benefits are adequate, and we use Salesforce, which is an incredible tool.

Cons

So many people in this position are actively looking for work elsewhere. They recruit passionate people who care about inspiring students for careers in art and design, and then treat us like drones or automatons. Attention needs to be paid to the culture - if the admissions reps are dissatisfied and feel unsupported and unappreciated, and they're the face of the school to prospective students, that has a direct impact on the school's enrollment and employee turnover.

Start digging into why so many admissions representatives leave before their one year mark, and stop treating this department like a call center for a sales organization. It's not sales - you can absolutely use some sales techniques, but it has to be a radically different approach.
Build up your middle managers, develop your staff, and be intentional in developing a positive culture. You may need outside consultants to come and address these issues, because it doesn't seem like any of the quite obvious issues in our department are making any kind of impact on the C-level.

Other Reviews for Academy of Art University

Decent trade/ art school

Former Employee - Faculty  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Faculty in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Academy of Art University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good qualified and decently paid faculty. Located perfectly for company outreach. Illustration department is amazing. Other programs not so much. Students are rather good and motivated. As good or as bad as far as for profits schools go..this is probably one of the better ones.

Cons

Feels too corporate. Decent facilities and equipment. Overly advertised is a red flag. Bad reputation of city violations and being a real estate company disguised as a college. Tuition is high.

College culture feels like a Lawyer is running an art college.

The worst job I ever had

I worked at Academy of Art University full-time

Pros

A great opportunity to work with terrific colleagues, we helped one another when training was inadequate.

Cons

Management is terrible; people are not promoted on merit, there are more incompetent managers here than anywhere I've ever worked. They will make your life terrible, too.

There are newer employer reviews for Academy of Art University.

Worked for Academy of Art University? Contribute to the Community!