Academy of Natural Sciences

www.ansp.org

Taught me to Love Museum Education

Exhibit Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsWorking at the Academy, you learn so much on a daily basis, so that you are constantly growing an developing. The people who work there are wonderful as are the visitors, so it is a great experience on the whole! Everyone works as a team and there is always room for improvement and growth. You never feel stagnant or bored at this job, and you always feel a sense of community.

ConsThe only downside was the salary. $8/hour just will not get you very far, especially being as they do not give a raise for 2 years and even that is $0.25...HOWEVER, you have to remember, this is nonprofit, and it is an opportunity you will not find anywhere else. And if the salary is too low for you, it is such a prestigious museum that working there becomes a wonderful stepping stone to other museums if you feel the need to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are doing a GREAT job, I have no advice other than keep up the good work!

Non-profit organization with many talented, forward-thinking scientists and educators on the cutting edge of science.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Academy of Natural Sciences full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Some of the most talented people I have ever worked… Cons: New leadership emphasizes doing more with less on an already over-taxed employee base and if an employee whimpers even a little… Advice to Senior Management: Diversity comes in more forms than just visible diversity. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Academy of Natural Sciences.

Worked for Academy of Natural Sciences? Contribute to the Community!