Acadia Healthcare

www.acadiahealthcare.com
  www.acadiahealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Acadia Healthcare

All down hill after take over.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Ocklawaha, FL
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Ocklawaha, FL

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved my job for a long time prior to take over. Working with clients was wonderful and I
could see the difference my work was making in their lives.

Cons

When take over was in progress I was happy thinking the favoritism would be resolved and policy would change such as family working together and convicted felons would be removed from positions. All that happened was the top was given new titles. RN's replaced by inexperienced LPN's and new grads.

Wake up. No doubt I will be reading about a sentinel event in the newspaper soon. What ever happened to exit interviews. After you have had an employee for yrs don't you wonder why in this job market they would quit?? Poor compliance with safety issues. Fall precautions safe detox. Multiple Med errors by incompetent staff overlooked and discarded. Large staff turn over.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Acadia Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Work with at-risk-kids, can be reward but also frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare

Pros

You get to work with kids and hopefully make a positive impact on their lives. Working at the site is interesting because of the kids interacting but it is also a rather grim place

Cons

First kid I worked with didn't listen to anything I said and was %100 defiant. Sometimes difficult to understand exactly where you fit in.

Clean up the main facility. That is my my main concern with Desert Hills up until this point just go

No management support, no morale among staff.

Former Employee - Program Counselor in Louisville, TN
    Former Employee - Program Counselor in Louisville, TN

I worked at Acadia Healthcare

Pros

If you enjoy working with troubled kids, then there are a lot of opportunities for you to counsel them.

Cons

Support from management is almost non existent, always short staffed, staff are in potentially dangerous situations with little help and at times single staffed when they shouldn't be.

The kids are the ones who are suffering. It isn't all about the money. That isn't why the Village was founded and it is on a downward spiral.

There are newer employer reviews for Acadia Healthcare