dissatisfied employee not treating all nurses as equals

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Bangor, ME
Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Bangor, ME

I have been working at Acadia Hospital

Pros

Makind a difference and hopefully trying to help the mentally ill and alcohol/drug addiction

Cons

pay,so/so benifits,not being able to have a union. Not much support or change in dealing with problems

more honesty and response to problems

Other Reviews for Acadia Hospital

Making a difference in the lives of people with mental illness

Current Employee - Psychiatric Clinician
    Current Employee - Psychiatric Clinician

I have been working at Acadia Hospital

Pros

I like being a part of the recovery process in my clients. I enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team and working with people passionate about patient care and recovery. I like coming to work and never knowing what the day is going to bring.

Cons

Upper management ignores problems and makes rash reactive decisions that negatively impacts patient care and employee satisfaction; My profession is not valued in this organization and my below average salary and lack of voice in decision making reflects this

Collaborate with employees and clients to solve problems and make decisions impacting patient care and employee satisfaction. Provide employees with the tools necessary to perform job duties. Provide employees with reasonable expectations.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Medication Nurse  in  Bangor, ME
    Former Employee - Medication Nurse in Bangor, ME

I worked at Acadia Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They are a progressive company. I had worked there for twenty years. The company is one of the better ones to work for as far as job security.

Cons

The current CEO is inexperienced at running a psychiatric hospital. I like Dan Coffey very well and he tries very hard to work with the staff. However, psychiatric facilities like Acadia have to always keep the patient in mind. I have had multiple patients complain about the upper level management. The progress recently is making the hospital profitable I believe at the expense of the patients.

Make the patient the number one priority. I worked there many years and have seen a lot of changes. Anyone who has worked there knows that change at Acadia is the only thing that does not change. Sometimes the changes happen before they have thought it through and most times it happens without any input from the people that have worked there and know what has been tried before and did not work.

There are newer employer reviews for Acadia Hospital.

Worked for Acadia Hospital? Contribute to the Community!