Accellent

www.accellent.com
  www.accellent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accellent

World Class... Sure whatever you say

I worked at Accellent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance for some. Always plenty of opportunities for new business in this field.

Cons

Not a very positive upbeat culture. Management really doesn't fully understand the medical device industry. Always a fight to meet the numbers monthly. Everything is a now attitude which just comprises any improvement for later. Poor to average facilities which didn't seem to fit a real medical device company. Basically a paper company.

Establish a solid business structure to build off. Own buildings and fully commit to the industry and your customers. Work with real numbers and develop an achievable plan don't pull out a number and work backwards assuming all the moons will align and be shocked when they don't.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Accellent (View Most Recent)

Quality dept. seems to be left out of many decisions

I worked at Accellent

Pros

Many of the employees that work here are friendly, smart, hard-working people with many years of experience

Cons

The quality dept. is left out of many major decisions.

There never seems to be any funding in the budget for employee training/education. I didn't learn any new skills or attend any training classes the entire time I worked there.

There is no interest from sr. mgmt to invest in improving the outdated manual processes.

If it's quality-related, no one seems to be held accountable except the people in the quality dept.

Projects are understaffed, and there is a high turn-over rate in all depts. and all sites. Everyone from the plant manager down to the hourly employee. All the good people leave as soon as they are able to.

Understand the business you're in. Know exactly where you want to go, and exactly what you need to do to make it happen.
    Bring the quality dept. in as an equal partner in decision-making
    Quality is everyone's job and everyone needs to be accountable
    Make the investment in your employees, otherwise you'll continue to lose good people.

No opportunity to apply for new positions

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Accellent

Pros

You get to do whatever you want as there is virtually no supervision. However when supervision does start it becomes micro-management...

Cons

There is an inside group that take care of one another and we are not afforded opportunities. Look at that change in Salem that just took place. What is that nonsense? The position was not posted - in fact we don't even need the position - it was just a way to move someone aside so they could hire a new plant manager like this company does over and over...

Treat employees with respect and dignity - it is one of our values after all, isn't it?

There are newer employer reviews for Accellent