Accelrys

www.accelrys.com
  www.accelrys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accelrys

A company that truly respects and appreciates your contributions

Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Accelrys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best thing from my own experience, is that they don't micro-manage you. They hire you to do the job and don't feel the need to hover over you to ensure you get it done. They provide a friendly open environment where everyone works together, without a defined hierarchy. You are treated as an equal by everyone, regardless of the initials that follow their name. They strive to provide a relaxed atmosphere and grant employees opportunities to have fun with their co-workers, whether it be at the weekly on site happy hours, to the amenities like, pool table, shuffleboard and Foosball or the full gym and basketball court. I also like the relaxed dress code.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found any. I'll update my review should I stumble across something later.

Keep doing what you're doing. You've assembled an eclectic group of people that are on board with the companies goals and work to continue pushing us forward.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Accelrys (View Most Recent)

Politically Charged - Disfunctional Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Accelrys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place for PhD scientists in chemistry and materials science - a good launchpad for for college grads with PhD.

Cons

Company is wrought with politics. The Scietigic (acquisition) folks create a caustic environment and fight against the rest of Accelrys. HR is one of the worst in the industry - very political. The company is hardly growing. Most of the products are not doing well and it is very difficult to grow within the firm. Most people learn at Accelrys and then get better and more senior roles elsewhere

Hiring and firing is very subjective - you could be the best at what you do but if HR does not like you, they can get rid of you.

I resigned from the firm as I found better opportunities. others were not that lucky.

1. Integrate the company so ti behaves as one. The scietigic employees are destroying Accelrys - even though they brought Pipeline pilot product to you.

2. Know how to identify good talent ans retain it

3. Reconsider who is running your HR.

4. Focus on Business Growth and not on internal politics

Advisory software test engineer

Current Employee - Advisory Software Test Engineer in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Advisory Software Test Engineer in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Accelrys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Encourage friendly environment among peers and good benefits.

Cons

Management direction changes frequently, every year new organisation.

Need solid direction, instead of changing focus every year.

There are newer employer reviews for Accelrys