There are newer employer reviews for AccentCare

Open shcedule, choice of working area, choice of clients to work with. Inexperienced coworkers, no room for growth.

Former Employee - Caregiver in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Caregiver in San Diego, CA

I worked at AccentCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Available to shcedule any time/day of work and the management will match choices with client list.
Ability to choose type of work environment (residential/nursing home), specific clients, and specific work area.

Cons

Must have reliable car, gas reimbursement is small or non-existent, at times chosen schedule/area of work is unavailable and one is forced to drive long distances, work in unprofessional environments. Inexperienced caregivers often assigned to extremely difficult to take care of clients because management knows experience caregivers refuse to work there. Often assigned as a single caregiver to clients requiring at least two people , coerced into working alone on two person jobs. Often required to stay overtime, up to 16 hours long days, when other coworkers simply do not show for work.

reviews filtered by

Good Work Environment / Mediocre Pay/Benefits.

Former Employee - Management in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Irvine, CA

I worked at AccentCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pleasant work environment. Staff and upper management are easy to work with. Company poised for growth as the percentage of retired/elderly grows.

Cons

Pay/benefits not on par with industry. Struggle to compete with "mom and pop" personal care businesses. Too many low margin customers.

Need to narrow business focus - improve customer base to increase profitability.

GREAT idea, terrible management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AccentCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees at the individual sites are great, there are a lot of people at the lower levels that care alot. In my time with the company I've meet some great individuals that really want to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.

Cons

Culture within the company is toxic. Management is weak, so people have learned that if they shout the loudest and cause problems, they will get what they want. Consequently, the voices of the nastiest people hold sway; often times over general commonsense.
    This has also tends to have the company shifting directions constantly. Someone will scream so they will start a project with no planning or forethought, everyone will be pulled onto a new project, money will be spent, and the project will collapse once people realize that it was never really viable to begin with. I have seen LITTERALLY millions of dollars wasted in this exact cycle in my time with the company.
    Unfortunately, the chronic mismanagement and waste is blamed on the lower level employees. Thus, we face twice yearly "reductions in force" (layoffs), haven't received raises in years and had our benefits practically eliminated because the company is losing money. This is made further insulting because every year the management level gets bonuses that equal many of our salaries.

If we have to lay off people and remove our benefits to make ends meet, then there isn't enough money to take bonuses at the management level.
    A major housecleaning is needed at the C level.

There are newer employer reviews for AccentCare