Accenture

www.accenture.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Amazing Place to work, grow & stay for a long term career.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Florham Park, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

1. Fantastic leadership talent and very smart people all around
2. Tremendous training at all levels including partners - they have a full fledged University near Chicago IL with 5 star dining facilities.
3. You are actually penalized if you don't complete trainings on time !! a great way to ensure employees take full benefits of their billion dollar annual training spend.
4. an inherent sense of deep pride in employees onsite/offshore
5. Absolutely no comaprison with offshore pureplays (where I worked before) on brand, processes, comp and talent

Cons

1. Large global firm but very well managed
2. Processes are "designed" to engage and win large complex deals so takes some time to engineer them downwards for smaller deals but can be done with some effort/learning
3. Very difficult to work for pureplays after working here. Extremely choosy employer.

More networking events with senior management would help better integration
More Senior Executive /Partner promotions a must to retain talent.

10239 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Dynamic work environment

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Lot of access to learning and increasing responsibilities. Many opportunities to network internally and with the client.

Cons

Not sure if career longevity happens much here. I see a lot of turn-over. Consulting changes very quickly, that is the norm. A bad client can ruin a job.

Good place to build a career

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

If you want an environment where you have the ability to move from one project to the next and build upon your skills, then it can be accomplished at Accenture. You must be willing to work for it of course and always express and seek what you want out of your career. Otherwise you'll end up at the same level for years with little pay raises. The Senior Mgmt that I've come across has been nothing but supportive and approachable. I worked at a struggling tech firm prior to Accenture so it could have only gone up from there. But even with that in mind, I honestly haven't had to work for a major a-hole. Every employee gets 5 weeks vacation which I think is the best thing since sliced bread. You're actually able to take a week off at a time and not kill your PTO balance. Career development training is available and can be used to your advantage to study for certifications.

Cons

The pay for some consultants is lower than some analysts, which I don't understand. Best bet is to never accept the first offer. Always ask for more.
    Long work days. Some projects are on such a time constraint with not enough resources you will be working several 10 hour days.
    Reviews and ratings causes you to feel the need to always outshine those on your level on your project so that you are ranked higher than them.

employees need better bonuses