There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Review of an Accenture Developer

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Applications Developer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

professional training and the structure of the teams when going into a project. I have worked at another firm and at that firm there was little training or good methologies when heading into a new project with a new client. Accenture seems to be on top of there game when it comes to getting professional development.

Cons

pay and workforce oranization. There are basically 4 different workforces here at accenture and these different workforces are treated differently. The pay sclae and benefits are different per workforce. I have worked on two different workforces and can see a completely different level of treatment from which workforce. The consulsting workforce is treated the best followed by enterprise and sertvices second then last is solutions. Benefits and salires are best for consulting then last is solutions. Plus the location also will set the salary scale.

that accenture is a great place to begin your career but for someone right out of college after a few years it may be best to leave for another firm.

8510 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Former Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Many options and opportunities due to size/scale

Cons

The firm is way too big

Need better people management training

A Great Place to Start

Former Employee - Systems Integration Analyst  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

The people are all great; it really made coming to work a pleasure. Despite being a huge company, it doesn't feel like one, as the management goes to great lengths to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. The work was never particularly strenuous and never did I have to stay too late in the office. They are also really good at fostering team work and rewarding excellence. Sending all new hires out to St. Charles for training is a great way at having everyone in the global community start fresh from the same page, and sending you out there after every promotion is great at keeping those who have been with the firm longer in tune with what is going on.

Cons

The work was not very thrilling at a low level, which is to be expected anywhere, to some extent, but I never felt like I would have an impact on the project. Never was I given huge amounts of responsibility and rarely were others at a lower level. They say that if you ask for more difficult assignments, you will get them, but sometimes it shouldn't be up to the employee to keep going back to their manager and ask for something else. I felt forced into my work group when I joined because of my background and not because of what I was interested in, so while I wasn't necessarily doing things I didn't want to be doing on the project to which I was assigned, there was always the possibility for it because of what I studied in school and not where my passion lied.

Senior Management did a decent job at keeping lower level employees in the loop on big internal corporate affairs, but I never felt that I knew what was going on higher up on my own project. They were very insular about the workings of the project and I didn't feel like there was much transparency. I found this troubling because it is difficult to align and motivate people if they don't know where the project is going.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!