Accenture

www.accenture.com
  www.accenture.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

I really loved working for Accenture- left to go back to school.

Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture

Pros

The people are great and the work was really interesting. As an analyst I got to work in consultant roles and was promoted based on my hard work.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to get off of projects. It is important to have a good relationship with your career counselor to help you out in those situations.

9170 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

A mixed bag

Former Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Compensation is good. As an "experienced hire," I came in as a specialist/ consultant at the equivalent of a manager's salary in the industry. Bonuses in the Services organization were hefty since I had a high performance ranking and the projects to which I was assigned were profitable.

Cons

If you don't have a college degree or even if you do but aren't in the consulting organization, opportunities for advancement are limited. There is no employee development because it's assumed you're already "smart" by the time you make it to Acn. And depending on the leaders assigned to a particular project, things like management styles, work-life balance, and team relationships vary wildly from completely wonderful to absolutely nightmarish.

Accenture is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

In general, I think Accenture is a great place to work. The most important aspect of any job in my opinion (even as much as the actual work being done) is the quality of the people you work with. I feel Accenture has great people to work with that are knowledgeable at what they do and are easy to get along with (for the most part).

In addition, Accenture is good at working to ensure people are in roles that they are a good fit.

Cons

Accenture is a large company and thus has "large company" rigidness. Most notably, in my opinion, is their compensation packages. Although Accenture has good benefits, their salaries can leave much to be desired. Someone of the same caliber as an Accenture employee can probably earn more at another company, regardless of role. I attribute this to the fact that there is a large supply of people that want to work at Accenture and therefore Accenture doesn't have to pay significant salaries to attract or retain employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture