Good experience so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Came in as an experienced hire in Oct 2010. Impressed with ACN's training, client base, and coworkers.Lots of interesting projects in my industry and specialization. Great pipeline of work. Most importantly, I feel that by working hard and smart, by networking, and through a little luck, the opportunity for advancement is high.I didn't feel like this in industry.

Cons

For me, nearly non-stop travel. Grinding stretches of long days, especially if there's an offshore team in the mix (5, 6AM calls, then onsite client work, then calls again till 10, 11PM). Tough to take time off as needed. Project management and client contacts can make your engagement fall along the continuum of "excellent and highly engaged" to "grin and bear it." Cliques of employees who have been at the firm for a while. None of this should be a surprise to anyone in consulting.

Advice to Management

I'm happy with the experience and am getting out of it what I hoped for. Proud to work here.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

I really loved working for Accenture- left to go back to school.

Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

The people are great and the work was really interesting. As an analyst I got to work in consultant roles and was promoted based on my hard work.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to get off of projects. It is important to have a good relationship with your career counselor to help you out in those situations.

A mixed bag

Former Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Specialist in Irving, TX

Pros

Compensation is good. As an "experienced hire," I came in as a specialist/ consultant at the equivalent of a manager's salary in the industry. Bonuses in the Services organization were hefty since I had a high performance ranking and the projects to which I was assigned were profitable.

Cons

If you don't have a college degree or even if you do but aren't in the consulting organization, opportunities for advancement are limited. There is no employee development because it's assumed you're already "smart" by the time you make it to Acn. And depending on the leaders assigned to a particular project, things like management styles, work-life balance, and team relationships vary wildly from completely wonderful to absolutely nightmarish.