Accenture

www.accenture.com
  www.accenture.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great place to work if a long-term career path is desirable

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

- Work/life balance - work from home & Part-time
- Respect for their employees
- High caliber of people
- Global company - lots of diverse opportunities

Cons

- Difficult to be a top performer because most people are used to being the top performer
- Focus on job experience, not on education

- Continue the core value of respect for the individual

9396 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

amazing

Current Employee - Business Process Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Process Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

new challenges, ambitious, eager and teamwork

Cons

lack of communication/lack of training/organization

no clue

Unfair, mainly because of Work Force Differences

Current Employee - Solutions Work Force in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solutions Work Force in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Brand Recognition
    Option to work from home if on (CIO) projects
    Option to travel if you want to

Cons

Solutions Work Force is unfortunately unfair compare to consulting.
    Same work, lower pay/benifits. Will get looked down by consulting.
    They had raised the bar, and most of us are highly educated, but get treated unfairly by Consultants/Managers and Sr Managers. The concept of ATS will never go away, which is now called Solutions.

Promotions are unfair, salaries are extreamly low. And if on a large consulting project and traveling, then you will see this difference being just a bit too visible. Your consulting co-workers would not want to have lunch with you, hand around with you, or even invite you. Front of there Managers they will just act like the Solution guys just dont want to hand out.
    If you Accidentally end up innovating a solution then your consulting Manager, will label there name on it, and eventually show you the door.
    The Consulting Managers will force you to Ghost hours, and make you take PTO instead, and make it pretty visible that if you do not take PTO, then you will be out, as you are not dedicated. (A common practice). We all know that in US Solutions workforce, and as I write this, it is being done on every single project where solutions people are working.

If you are thinking about joining Solutions Workforce, then have self respect, or get ready to be Demoralized by Consulting Workforce. Its there, its evident, and not going to ever change. Every single Solution workforce person knows it, consultants knows it that we know they look down at us, and dont give us any Opportunities.

Transfer is an option, but it will not happen. A consulting Manager/Sr Manager can and will lie to new joiniers into Ghosting hours, in return of trasfer into Consulting workforce, but that is not going to happend. It is impossible to transfer to due extreamly political reasons. If you have marketable skills then solutions will not let you leave. They will say on your face that "Why can’t you do things as part of Solutions Workforce which consultants do, There should be no difference". Well the difference is that if you are in solutions then you will not be infront of the client.

You just have to be in it to understand it. We all have read negative things about "ATS" now (Solutions) workforce, but we all have ignored it saying "How bad could it be". Believe me, you will be really sorry.

The economy is good now, and group of thousands of us are looking new opportunities now.

Merge Consulting and Solutions together, trust me you will see how we will start leaving the company.

Pay attention to Solutions workforce, they may have hostile work environment, and most of them are ghosting hours force fully. Stop this, please. Please eliminate these workforces. We are really tired of being looked down at.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture