There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Best place I have worked in my career

Current Employee - Senior Manager Management Consulting  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Manager Management Consulting in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

I know it sounds trite but it is so true - the people at Accenture are amazing. I have never experienced anything like this. The support throughout the organization (at all levels) is amazing. I have received random calls from Senior Executives (Partners) asking how I was doing and offering any assistance while I get acclimated. The culture is great - clearly one of the biggest pros. The ability to move around - great ... work overseas - great ... move into different industries - great. This is such a change from my previous experience!

Cons

The only downside so far is the salary - the company is not competitive with peers.

Remedy the salary difference.

8488 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Overall Great Place to work

Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Medical benefits are great and so are most of the people. Vacation time is abundant and easy to use on most projects. Most managers are well chosen and are great at developing teams.

Cons

We keep hearing that the company is changing but management gives very vague descriptions. It almost feels like they don't know either. The levels of employee recognition have greatly reduced in the last 6 months to the point there is no verbal praise at all for anyone that stands out above the rest.

Even when the economy has made things tight there is virtually no cost involved in having a monthly meeting to highlight promotions and praise. Please reinstate that process.

Exciting but you need to burn some bridges to get what you want

Current Employee - Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Opportunity to constantly be challenged
    Opportunity to travel internationally
    Ability to test different delivery / communication thoughts and ideas
    Ability to quickly lead projects and make an impact
    training is pretty good
    Good industry respect
    The process for evaluating problems and how to communicate solutions is good

Cons

If you are good at something - leadership will want you to specialize in that skill even though you don't want to.
    It can be difficult to branch outside of your skill area / client base
    Getting staffed abroad is difficult (you need unique skills)
    Laddering time is always difficult because you're always wondering if you will get pushed down to BELOW without reason (getting Above / Sig Above gets harder the higher you climb)
    Finding qualified people is getting harder and harder - we just have too many projects

Split the consulting workforce into an operations and consulting group. The consulting group should focus on change mgmt and starting new projects. The operations group should focus on delivering long term solutions (i.e. delivering consulting projects that take longer than 3 months...after 12 months projects should switch to services)

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!