There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great place to start or come to later with experience

Current Employee - Systems Integration Consulting Analyst in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Systems Integration Consulting Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone from Analyst to Manager are pretty young and they're great people to work with. Accenture really hires the best people. The work can vary from project to project, the salary is competitive, and there's lots of room to move around.

Cons

It's a huge company so it's hard to understand your place in the grand scheme. There's also a lot of red tape for simple things.

Make sure your analysts know what going on. It will help productivity, especially if there aren't a lot of other analysts on the team.

8815 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can literally consult on anything you want. Accenture has experts in every facet of business and IT. Great place to learn and apply new skills. Up or out career model provides great opportunity for advancement. You can also live just about anywhere in the country which is great if you are young. I have lived in 3 cities since joining. TIP: don't get bored. If you don't like your specialty, request a transfer to a new one.

Cons

The annual review process is very political and biased. I know great workers who get stuck at their same level for years while mediocre workers are getting promoted because they happened into the better network. Work/life balance is pretty terrible. Work hours can be very long and most travel 100%. The pay is lower here compared to other consulting companies unless you come out of a strong MBA program.

Fix the performance review process. It is broken.

Overall a good experience but once I switched offices, I didn't feel supported

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- My boss was great and most of the people I worked with were good, professional and dedicated to delivering high value to clients.
     - Lots of PTO, good medical and 401k options

Cons

- little local HR. If you want to talk to someone, open a call and take a number.
     - In services, there are not always good opportunities to keep skills up to date
     - PTO includes sick time, so don't get sick!
     - In Services, only get promoted as positions become available

- distributed HR is not that personal, I wish that the old HR model had still be in place as I changed offices and attempted to find a new position. (The lack of support contributed to be me leaving the firm).

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture