There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Accenture job

Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

great people. new experiences, exciting, training a truly global and extremely diverse team of deeply skilled professionals. These people are seamlessly connected around the world, allowing us to offer faster, more cost-effective and higher-quality services than our competitors can. Accenture recruited more than 43,000 people in 2006.
We are the 49th strongest global brand, according to Business Week.
We are ranked 379th in the 2006 Business Week, up 76 places from 2005.
We achieved record new bookings (contract signings) in 2006, of $20.4 billion.
We are ranked as the No. 1 Information Technology Services company by Fortune magazine for the third year running.
We are ranked No. 1 outsourcing provider among customers by InformationWeek.
We are ranked the No. 1 HR outsourcing provider by both IDC and the Human Resources Outsourcing Association.
We are ranked the No. 1 CRM management consultancy by CRM magazine
We are ranked 14th in Business Week’s 2006 Infotech 100.

Cons

travel too much, no growth potential
Manages the administration of more than 900,000 pensions and employee benefits.
Administers more than 2 million insurance policies and 2 million paychecks.
Handles more than 100 million customer service calls and processes in excess of 50 million bills.
Performs more than 30 million electricity and gas readings.
Processes more than 140 million airline ticket reservations.
Processes more than 21 million sales invoices and 9 million purchase orders.
Provides training in nine languages to more than 1 million people in 143 countries.
a history of technology innovation and spend approximately $250 million on research and development each year. We therefore offer extensive industry, technology and process expertise and have the ability to effect change for our clients across their entire businesses.

listen to employees

8908 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Management Consulting Analyst

Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at Accenture

Pros

The people, the travel, the opportunity for work for many different companies

Cons

The "up or out" mentality. Not being able to do the type of work you really would like to do.

Help the employees below you really do what they would like to do. Encourage more.

Accenture - resume building indentured servitude

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Analyst in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Technology Consulting Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

1. Resume boosting brand recognition... "great place to start you career" according to some magazines
    2. Lots of online training available - you get to choose which courses and classes you want to take
    3. Core Analyst School is fun. You meet other Accenture employees from around the world in for a 2 week party-fest (or at least that's the way it was back in 2007).

Cons

1. Many unhappy workers - for some reason, lots of Accenture employees are unhappy. Maybe it is a mis-fit with the consulting lifestyle or maybe it is the sacrifices that they request of you or even the way they use competitiveness and performance ratings to get more work out of you.
    2. Poor compensation. As with most places, people generally are not thrilled with their pay.

More concern with employees happiness.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture