Accenture

Keep it moving forward

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

it is a fun company to work for. All of the people are really nice, kind, and cool. I have made a tremendous about of contacts in Accenture. My relationships have helped me advance my career. To be frank, the company was better when it was a true partnership. Those are the days that I really miss. I was hoping that accenture would go private again, but I don't think that will happen while I am still employed there. It hink is someone picks Accenture to start their career, they will be very happy. It is a great place to begin.

Cons

There is a lot of politics. It is tough to manage everyones expectations. I sometimes wonder how they get anything done.

Keep focusing on the people. It is not about the dollars, but about the people managing the work and the pipeline. Make sure you always treat your people fair. Always respect the work they do. They are the ones that keep you in business.

9173 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Accenture work life

Current Employee - Consultant in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Reston, VA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

We have more than 15,000 professionals and we are still growing. With growth comes the opportunity to learn and progress. We need people that can develop quickly into leadership positions to help us continue our growth. Accenture is the place to build an exciting and worthwhile career over the long term. We are more than just theorists—Accenture is known for developing pragmatic strategies that drive high performance. We support our client’s right through the strategy phase until implementation is complete. We do more than simply make recommendations and then move on to the next project. We understand the pressures our clients face—from the inside. As a public corporation we face the same pressure to publish and comment on our results each quarter.

Cons

Work hours are long, and not enough time to take built up vacation time. While our approach is strongly pragmatic and results-oriented, we know that keen business insight and leading-edge thought leadership are the engines that drive what we do. This combination makes for an extremely stimulating work environment. Our professional development structure can accommodate different paces of career development. If you like your work and perform well, we do all we can to encourage you to grow with us, continue career long learning, while promoting teamwork and collaboration along potentially multiple career journeys. The pay sometimes isn't as competive as other places.

Have higher visibility on the bottom level analysts

Apathetic head count reduction

Former Employee - Level D in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Level D in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

The facilities were nice and the pay was good

Cons

The HR in new business was inept

Sell Something