Keep it moving forward

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

it is a fun company to work for. All of the people are really nice, kind, and cool. I have made a tremendous about of contacts in Accenture. My relationships have helped me advance my career. To be frank, the company was better when it was a true partnership. Those are the days that I really miss. I was hoping that accenture would go private again, but I don't think that will happen while I am still employed there. It hink is someone picks Accenture to start their career, they will be very happy. It is a great place to begin.

Cons

There is a lot of politics. It is tough to manage everyones expectations. I sometimes wonder how they get anything done.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people. It is not about the dollars, but about the people managing the work and the pipeline. Make sure you always treat your people fair. Always respect the work they do. They are the ones that keep you in business.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. Well-compensated opportunity to learn as much as possible for entry-level analysts

Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

The consulting workforce is full of a range of people, but they are hands-down some of the most intelligent and down-to-earth people out there. As with all businesses, the quality of colleagues can depend, but more often than not, ACNers are highly competent. Most team members are aware of their role on projects and try to go out of their way to both improve themselves, make life easier for others and in general be an asset to the firm.

Cons

Highly-stratified corporate culture means that individual interests, if not fought for, will be dismissed or ignored. HR and recruiters sometimes downplay previous experience or expressed interest of employees who are seeking to explore a new workspace or technology.

Advice to Management

Considering the business model of the firm, the current way they manage their business does not need too much improvement. The firm is a product of the workplace and market.

2. From the services side.

Current Employee - Level C in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Level C in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great people, great opportunities, great experience

Cons

travel travel travel...lack of control over where you go, especially in a down economy, some what slow growth in services

Advice to Management

give more credit to those people who really know what the are doing