There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Very smart people, collaborative environment and interesting work.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very smart people, collaborative environment and interesting work. Promotions are only given to those that deserve them.

Cons

Very difficult work/life balance. On the road a minimum of four days per week.

Understand the work load of each team member.

8869 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Inadequate

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to launch a career as someone fresh out of undergraduate school. It is known that the company does well with its retention efforts at this level as opposed to professionals coming into the company.

Cons

By the same token, this company is very purposeful in recruiting undergraduates because more times than not, this group does not have much of an idea of what they want with their career. Therefore, it's a greater investment because people will stay at the company because they know no different and hopes of promotion. It deems itself as being entrepreneurial which is misleading because sharing ideas or improvements are not rewarded.

Management is very hit or miss. I think it's very important to allow for feedback which can be incorporated in training for managers. I have had both sides of the coin with great managers and horrible managers but the great managers are not recognized.

Not living up to core values, but it's a job so that makes it okay.

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people in general are great. If you work hard you can climb the corporate ladder but that really depends on what area you work in. Unfortunately it doesn't apply to every area within the company. You can work remotely and travel. The corporate card is a nice bonus too. You can work anywhere in the country depending on what you do and it's a nice alternative.

Cons

There are many, but then again every company has something that's not what you would want and no company is perfect. The cons are there really isn't a work life balance as in the core values. That balance is contingent on what upper management feel is relevant. There isn't a lot of 'respect' for the individual. We are encouraged to report unethical practices but when it occurs we are advised that it doesn't immediately relate to us so we should leave it alone. It's just a lot of contradiction. I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing if we weren't drilled in to live and breathe these values when we don't really follow them. If you can get over that it's just like any other company.

I would but what's the point. If upper management doesn't feel that corporate values are worthy to be followed, why would they take any advice I have to offer?

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture