Accenture

www.accenture.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Very smart people, collaborative environment and interesting work.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very smart people, collaborative environment and interesting work. Promotions are only given to those that deserve them.

Cons

Very difficult work/life balance. On the road a minimum of four days per week.

Understand the work load of each team member.

10253 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Excellent People - Opportunties to travel - Long Hours the norm

Former Employee - Management Consulting Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Senior Executives and the office staff are above average - actually, I think I would just include everyone based in the San Francisco office! People know you and office visits are enjoyable. I hear this varies by location though. Lots of opportunities to grow and expand your skills.

Cons

Say people are a priority and yet continue to cut/reduce people programs. Local roles (within 50 miles) could cause you to be on the road two hours each way depending on the client.

Focus more on your people- your biggest asset. If people are happy, clients will be happy and that will lead to more consulting, services, and outsourcing opportunities for the Company.

Inadequate

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to launch a career as someone fresh out of undergraduate school. It is known that the company does well with its retention efforts at this level as opposed to professionals coming into the company.

Cons

By the same token, this company is very purposeful in recruiting undergraduates because more times than not, this group does not have much of an idea of what they want with their career. Therefore, it's a greater investment because people will stay at the company because they know no different and hopes of promotion. It deems itself as being entrepreneurial which is misleading because sharing ideas or improvements are not rewarded.

Management is very hit or miss. I think it's very important to allow for feedback which can be incorporated in training for managers. I have had both sides of the coin with great managers and horrible managers but the great managers are not recognized.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture