There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Has been a good one year

Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Managed to get a project with a lot of work-from-home flexibility. Good training.

Cons

Poor guidance during the initial period when I was looking for my initial project. I received very little input/help from my group's management on identifying my first project.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

Expected to run before you can walk

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to rapidly build a network Great place to start a career: Analysts will get twice the experience in half the time compared to an entry-level job in industry Competitive salary, great vacation policy (if you can take it, of course), good benefits, big discount on ACN stock Plenty of happy hours and networking events Work hard/play hard culture is fun (if that's your thing)

Cons

Extremely political performance review process (and getting worse every year); who represents you matters far more than what you've accomplished Promotions getting scarcer and scarcer at lower levels Negligible cash bonuses Long hours (but no worse than any comparable firm) Deplorable managers at a project level (the most intelligent people seem to leave after 2-5 years) Very difficult to move to a different industry/client: your first project is usually arbitrary, yet you will be pushed by HR to continue working in that area regardless of your skills / career interests Internal staffing process is informal; i.e. you must find your own next project or HR will staff in a (likely) terrible role

Advice to Management

Add a 360 Review process! The performance review process has become comically political Clean house at the Manager and Sr. Manager levels Don't mislead recruits about the ability to "work on a diversity of clients and industry" and then turn around and force staff them in a testing role for 18 months (happened to many of my colleagues) Stop telling us how great our revenue, profits, and growth are while continuing to pay 1-2% bonuses and 2% raises.

2. High but Fair Expectations

Former Employee - Reporinting Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Reporinting Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Didn't have to travel with this job, but there was a LOT of work to do in a 40 hour work week. Very, very high expectations, but they were fair and I had directly input into setting those expectations. Management is supportive but can be difficult to navigate sometimes, but with strong ideas and supporting data, they will listen to what you have to say.

Cons

Worked more than 40 hours a week regularly in an exempt position.

Advice to Management

Keep on the great work!