There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Not living up to core values, but it's a job so that makes it okay.

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people in general are great. If you work hard you can climb the corporate ladder but that really depends on what area you work in. Unfortunately it doesn't apply to every area within the company. You can work remotely and travel. The corporate card is a nice bonus too. You can work anywhere in the country depending on what you do and it's a nice alternative.

Cons

There are many, but then again every company has something that's not what you would want and no company is perfect. The cons are there really isn't a work life balance as in the core values. That balance is contingent on what upper management feel is relevant. There isn't a lot of 'respect' for the individual. We are encouraged to report unethical practices but when it occurs we are advised that it doesn't immediately relate to us so we should leave it alone. It's just a lot of contradiction. I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing if we weren't drilled in to live and breathe these values when we don't really follow them. If you can get over that it's just like any other company.

Advice to Management

I would but what's the point. If upper management doesn't feel that corporate values are worthy to be followed, why would they take any advice I have to offer?

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. Great Career Starter... but nothing more than that

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for entry level Decent benefits for entry level Decent bonus stucture Excellent learning potential

Cons

Compromised Work/Life balance High stress project timelines High employee turnover Lack of motivated and qualified talent Slow promotion ladder (unless you work a ton and kiss ass) Weak salary increases year over year and inline with promotions Poor career guidance Dog eat dog atmosphere between on project resources

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring to hit a certain number of resources, try hiring competent and talented resources. Level out the compensation scale across the United States (a first year analyst in Ohio makes about 35-40% less than an analyst in New York). Understand that the kiss ass mentality to get promoted and raises to be part of the "Good ole boy" network is sabotaging your firm.

2. Testing Analyst

Pros

Good place to start a career

Cons

Management tries to pigeon hole you

Advice to Management

Create more mobility and equal pay