Accenture

www.accenture.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Expected to run before you can walk

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to rapidly build a network
Great place to start a career: Analysts will get twice the experience in half the time compared to an entry-level job in industry
Competitive salary, great vacation policy (if you can take it, of course), good benefits, big discount on ACN stock
Plenty of happy hours and networking events
Work hard/play hard culture is fun (if that's your thing)

Cons

Extremely political performance review process (and getting worse every year); who represents you matters far more than what you've accomplished
Promotions getting scarcer and scarcer at lower levels
Negligible cash bonuses
Long hours (but no worse than any comparable firm)
Deplorable managers at a project level (the most intelligent people seem to leave after 2-5 years)
Very difficult to move to a different industry/client: your first project is usually arbitrary, yet you will be pushed by HR to continue working in that area regardless of your skills / career interests
Internal staffing process is informal; i.e. you must find your own next project or HR will staff in a (likely) terrible role

Add a 360 Review process! The performance review process has become comically political
Clean house at the Manager and Sr. Manager levels
Don't mislead recruits about the ability to "work on a diversity of clients and industry" and then turn around and force staff them in a testing role for 18 months (happened to many of my colleagues)
Stop telling us how great our revenue, profits, and growth are while continuing to pay 1-2% bonuses and 2% raises.

10216 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Very good Company for the Consulting group

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Culture, Opportunity to work with Multiple Clients, If something goes wrong in a project then still hope to be better in other project

Cons

During Moderation direct supervisor sometime doesn't represent, Solution is sometime not better than consulting, US Accenture Entity is good but India Entity is full of politics.

Has been a good one year

Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with.
    Managed to get a project with a lot of work-from-home flexibility.
    Good training.

Cons

Poor guidance during the initial period when I was looking for my initial project. I received very little input/help from my group's management on identifying my first project.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture