Solid Company For Solid People

Current Employee - Management Consulting Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Management Consulting Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, experienced professional, they're on point with their technology, they put a lot of weight on your experience and don't treat you like year one college grads and their compensation and benefits are amazing.

Cons

I work in a developing department, so they're your normal growing pains, that I believe should've been troubleshot, or at least brain stormed, prior to undertaking the process. Outside of that, management is very proactive and reactive, so no real complaints.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities to bring and hire great talent. Continue to try to create a strangle hold on the consulting market.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. HR Manager

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, plenty of schedule flexibility

Cons

Increasing bureaucracy, pay doesn't keep up with external market

2. Great company but be prepared to travel

Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outstanding co-workers; for the most part, everyone you meet works extremely hard and does their best for the client and the project. Good benefits; all in all I've been really happy with the benefits I receive. Fair travel schedule; unlike some travel jobs, we at least fly out Monday, fly home Thursday which gives us Friday at home.

Cons

Work/life balance could use some work; although the company talks about trying to decrease it, and to be fair they have made some positive strides in this area, travel is still the norm. The fact is if you're in the Consulting Workforce, unless you get on a local assignment, expect to travel week in week out. Moving around within the company is challenging; the company has lots of material in place on how to do it but it is hard to find support from senior management in actually doing it. The fact is unless they benefit from it somehow, you're not going anywhere. Training should include some external classes; the company offers lots of internal training but seems reluctant to send people to external classes.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to decrease travel. Support people in their desire to move around the company, whether it be across workforces or across geographies.