Accenture

www.accenture.com

Great company but be prepared to travel

Consulting Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsOutstanding co-workers; for the most part, everyone you meet works extremely hard and does their best for the client and the project. Good benefits; all in all I've been really happy with the benefits I receive. Fair travel schedule; unlike some travel jobs, we at least fly out Monday, fly home Thursday which gives us Friday at home.

ConsWork/life balance could use some work; although the company talks about trying to decrease it, and to be fair they have made some positive strides in this area, travel is still the norm. The fact is if you're in the Consulting Workforce, unless you get on a local assignment, expect to travel week in week out. Moving around within the company is challenging; the company has lots of material in place on how to do it but it is hard to find support from senior management in actually doing it. The fact is unless they benefit from it somehow, you're not going anywhere. Training should include some external classes; the company offers lots of internal training but seems reluctant to send people to external classes.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to find ways to decrease travel. Support people in their desire to move around the company, whether it be across workforces or across geographies.

HR Manager

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits, plenty of schedule flexibility Cons: Increasing bureaucracy, pay doesn't keep up with external market Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Learned a lot. Tight teams. No regrets...

IT Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very flat organization, and you get to pick the roles and projects that interest you. Worked in many industries and made friends with clients… Cons: Some of the experienced hires around late 2000's quite frankly were not up to the par. Got a bad review… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Accenture.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!