There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great people to work with

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Less red tape, more team spirit, loved the people I worked with, culture is very transparent and focused on helping you grow and succeed in your career, lots of diversity and amazing people along with respectful partners

Cons

Salary much lower than market but offset by increased work life balance

reviews filtered by

Solid Company For Solid People

Current Employee - Management Consulting Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, experienced professional, they're on point with their technology, they put a lot of weight on your experience and don't treat you like year one college grads and their compensation and benefits are amazing.

Cons

I work in a developing department, so they're your normal growing pains, that I believe should've been troubleshot, or at least brain stormed, prior to undertaking the process. Outside of that, management is very proactive and reactive, so no real complaints.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities to bring and hire great talent. Continue to try to create a strangle hold on the consulting market.

2. Great company but be prepared to travel

Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Outstanding co-workers; for the most part, everyone you meet works extremely hard and does their best for the client and the project. Good benefits; all in all I've been really happy with the benefits I receive. Fair travel schedule; unlike some travel jobs, we at least fly out Monday, fly home Thursday which gives us Friday at home.

Cons

Work/life balance could use some work; although the company talks about trying to decrease it, and to be fair they have made some positive strides in this area, travel is still the norm. The fact is if you're in the Consulting Workforce, unless you get on a local assignment, expect to travel week in week out. Moving around within the company is challenging; the company has lots of material in place on how to do it but it is hard to find support from senior management in actually doing it. The fact is unless they benefit from it somehow, you're not going anywhere. Training should include some external classes; the company offers lots of internal training but seems reluctant to send people to external classes.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to decrease travel. Support people in their desire to move around the company, whether it be across workforces or across geographies.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture