IT Veteran Weighs In

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Variety of opportunities; large, dynamic company; fun place for young professionals to start and grow their careers. Travel opportunities (if you like that kind of thing). Travel is not always required. Benifits and pay "competitive". Competitive environment can promote career development and confidence.

Cons

Experience depends on client: some projects can be grueling. Can be isolated from direct Accenture management support in some cases. Can feel pressured to travel to be retained. Highly competitive environment can create stress. Can be difficult to develop deep expertise in any area when moving from one assignment to another.

Advice to Management

They seem to know what they're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

This has been a great employer for me for the past decade

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Services workforce opportunities provided the ability to minimize travel. Challenging work. Opportunity to meet great people in the industry.

Cons

Inconsistent senior management approach. Some lack depth and experience in service delivery, requiring a much greater burden on the managers within a given project. Work/life balance has been poor for me for many years now. There is a lack if regard for personal time.

Advice to Management

Train your senior leadership before placing them into positions that require extensive knowledge of what we do and how we do it.

Incredible opportunities for growth, IF you are proactive about managing your career.

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

Smart, capable people - fast pace - open to change - very much a 'can do' place

Cons

Workload can be insane, several senior/influential leaders lack vision/not inspiring, entirely too focused on cost management at the expense of quality

Advice to Management

Start operating like one company, far too much of what Accenture does is done in silos,