There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Huge Company, Huge Opportunity, Huge Challenges

Current Employee - Manager  in  Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accenture has an amazing collaborative culture. With more than 270,000 employees globally, if you can't find someone with experience in an area you need help on, you're not looking. The name opens a lot of doors for doing business development that you'd get in with a smaller firm. All the opportunity in the world to contribute to practice development, business development and any of the extras that set you apart from peers, but a good tolerance for getting your work done and rolling out. You can set your level as long as you are delivering on your project and keeping your clients happy. Compensation is mostly commiserate with the market, depending on your area of expertise. The rating and evaluation system is the most fair I have ever experienced. This is a pure meritocracy and your performance, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial drive actually count. Execs spend a lot of time ensuring the best allocation of rewards to the best performers, and there are a lot of high performers here.

Cons

Because of the size and complexity of our different offerings, sometimes there is a lot of stepping on areas where we have already built a business, and we lose focus on a good market strategy. Breaking into new markets is also difficult because we are primarily viewed as a technology company, especially in our federal market. Some projects become very insular and the employees lose connection to the Accenture mother ship, to the detriment of the employee. There is so much opportunity here, but if you never see what else is possible, you'll walk before trying to see if there is something else here that captures your attention.

Focus on distinct market capabilities and focus the message
Keep the culture open and avoid pigeonholing
If you are going to compete in a new market, make sure we have the capability to deliver

8541 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Sr Consultant

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Travel, work was constant and interesting, gave exp to move to current client based job.

Cons

Work life balance was more work focused, client was not always in a location that was easy to commute to.

Give more power to consultants to select their contracts.

Working at Accenture

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great perks, bonuses, salary, etc.

Cons

Lots of Travel, away from home pretty consistently.

Improve work/life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!