There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Enterprise Workforce

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

WFH and other modified work week options
401K match
great training and professional development budget
interesting work
cutting edge technologies
great people
very professional

Cons

Internal US positions moving overseas. If you aren't client facing.
ultra competitive and demanding YE review and ranking

8538 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Amazing Place to Work - Just Keep a Bag Packed

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Accenture is one of the most diverse and collaborative companies I've seen. On any given day I will be on the phone with professionals from Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia. Accenture is one of the most respected management consulting firms globally, and having your name on an Accenture business card immediately grants you a level of respect and recognition that goes beyond what an MBA from any university would.

Accenture is the first place where I have been surrounded with colleagues and peers that I feel are as smart and motivated as I am, which is truly a refreshing change. I've had the opportunity to travel throughout Europe and India with the firm and have been offered the chance to work overseas.

The benefits and comp are excellent, and there are practically infinite opportunities to move into different areas of the firm. Accenture encourages remote work, meaning when I am not on the road I work from home most days.

Cons

Accenture began as an SI firm, and our offerings into other competencies such as management consulting, BPO and AO came later. Because of the sheer scale of each of these offerings it is often difficult to define a cohesive go-to-market plan.

Constant travel can wear you down, especially if you have a family. It's depressing when you realize that you know more about the concierge at the Westin than you do about your neighbors!!

There are enough people at all levels that are willing and eager to put in 60-80 hour weeks that it's sometimes tough to strike a good work/life balance. Depending on the projects you end up staffed on the review process can either favor or hurt you irrespective of your contributions.

Our bench is always super thin. Getting enough resources to staff projects is a constant headache.

Our ads are super boring when compared to IBM's.

Increase bench depth in key positions. Improve transparency in review process. Clarify our go-to-market strategies and marketing efforts, and try to go at least six months without a reorganization. :)

Great company to work for. A global company with four different business lines. The most famous ones are process and IT

Current Employee - Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Global company, great training programs, good methodology to apply for different client situations, good compensation and benefits, for junior analysts, there's a typical path to study at business schools and join mid-level positions in the industry

Cons

work life balance, extensive travels required, weekly travel to client sites, over time working, sometimes over the weekend, compensation is lower than the big three MBB consulting firms

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!