business analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good place to improve and practice your skills

Cons

travel long hours some times

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Accenture

1. Career Advancement

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Career Advancement, Work on critical client issues

Cons

Demanding work schedule as you move up to the rank

Advice to Management

Flexible Work Schedule

2. Huge Company, Huge Opportunity, Huge Challenges

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accenture has an amazing collaborative culture. With more than 270,000 employees globally, if you can't find someone with experience in an area you need help on, you're not looking. The name opens a lot of doors for doing business development that you'd get in with a smaller firm. All the opportunity in the world to contribute to practice development, business development and any of the extras that set you apart from peers, but a good tolerance for getting your work done and rolling out. You can set your level as long as you are delivering on your project and keeping your clients happy. Compensation is mostly commiserate with the market, depending on your area of expertise. The rating and evaluation system is the most fair I have ever experienced. This is a pure meritocracy and your performance, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial drive actually count. Execs spend a lot of time ensuring the best allocation of rewards to the best performers, and there are a lot of high performers here.

Cons

Because of the size and complexity of our different offerings, sometimes there is a lot of stepping on areas where we have already built a business, and we lose focus on a good market strategy. Breaking into new markets is also difficult because we are primarily viewed as a technology company, especially in our federal market. Some projects become very insular and the employees lose connection to the Accenture mother ship, to the detriment of the employee. There is so much opportunity here, but if you never see what else is possible, you'll walk before trying to see if there is something else here that captures your attention.

Advice to Management

Focus on distinct market capabilities and focus the message Keep the culture open and avoid pigeonholing If you are going to compete in a new market, make sure we have the capability to deliver