Accenture

www.accenture.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Years of interesting and challenging work.

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Technical Architect in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Varied skills and workforce, bringing staff from all over the world with myriad different capabilities. Lots of opportunities without having to quit.

Cons

Work and life balance is sometimes difficult given project dynamics and expectations to deliver. Accenture's pedigree is quite high, so need to maintain.

10253 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Enterprise Workforce

Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

WFH and other modified work week options
    401K match
    great training and professional development budget
    interesting work
    cutting edge technologies
    great people
    very professional

Cons

Internal US positions moving overseas. If you aren't client facing.
    ultra competitive and demanding YE review and ranking

Amazing Place to Work - Just Keep a Bag Packed

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Accenture is one of the most diverse and collaborative companies I've seen. On any given day I will be on the phone with professionals from Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia. Accenture is one of the most respected management consulting firms globally, and having your name on an Accenture business card immediately grants you a level of respect and recognition that goes beyond what an MBA from any university would.

Accenture is the first place where I have been surrounded with colleagues and peers that I feel are as smart and motivated as I am, which is truly a refreshing change. I've had the opportunity to travel throughout Europe and India with the firm and have been offered the chance to work overseas.

The benefits and comp are excellent, and there are practically infinite opportunities to move into different areas of the firm. Accenture encourages remote work, meaning when I am not on the road I work from home most days.

Cons

Accenture began as an SI firm, and our offerings into other competencies such as management consulting, BPO and AO came later. Because of the sheer scale of each of these offerings it is often difficult to define a cohesive go-to-market plan.

Constant travel can wear you down, especially if you have a family. It's depressing when you realize that you know more about the concierge at the Westin than you do about your neighbors!!

There are enough people at all levels that are willing and eager to put in 60-80 hour weeks that it's sometimes tough to strike a good work/life balance. Depending on the projects you end up staffed on the review process can either favor or hurt you irrespective of your contributions.

Our bench is always super thin. Getting enough resources to staff projects is a constant headache.

Our ads are super boring when compared to IBM's.

Increase bench depth in key positions. Improve transparency in review process. Clarify our go-to-market strategies and marketing efforts, and try to go at least six months without a reorganization. :)

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture