Accenture

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great people and opportunities

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My colleagues are all top notch consultants and I love working with them. You are responsible for designing your own career path and creating your own support network. People are not going to hold your hand and you have to be proactive about it. This is what will set apart people who love Accenture and people who don't. With that said, I have "designed" my own roles and have had amazing opportunities to travel internationally. We also get a significant amount of PTO, especially compared to some of our industry client counterparts.

Cons

Career transitions take a significant amount of time. It is easy to become pigeon-holed at large clients and you may have to make the choice between taking "a hit" on your performance rating one year (salary, career progression implications) in order to "escape" and pursue other opportunities in different industries, fields of work, etc.

Make sure you value your top performers and enable them to pursue their career goals and new opportunities. We know what our value is outside of Accenture; our eyes are always open for future opportunities and a change in scenery if Accenture won't provide it. Some form of additional compensation would also be nice to make up for some of the crazy 14 hour days I put in.

10190 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People
    Delivery track record
    Strong leaders
    World experiences

Cons

Large company, can get lost in shuffle. Need to always find a way to stand out.

Sponsor more green cards

Good people, challenging work, lots of hours.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were smart, capable and hard working. I did some interesting work. I thought the pay was good.

Cons

At times, the hours were excessive. Once you get to a more senior level, you have to take the work you can get. For me, that would have meant nearly 100% travel.

I don't have any advice for management. I thought it was good place to work, but the hours and travel became too much for me as I got older and we had our third child.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture