There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Challenging but not for those who need direction

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great clients, access to executives. Really smart coworkers and you can obtain industry expertise in a shore amount of time.

Cons

You have to be a go-getter and self-directed. Younger employees can be self-absorbed but are eager to learn and help. Too much emphasis on extra-curricular activities.

8541 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Disappointing

Former Employee - Underwriter II  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Underwriter II in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Accenture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Accenture is a solid global company with strong financials. The training program is great and the company seems efficient in delivery to customers. I had hoped to develop my career there.

Cons

The company laid me off after losing a contract only four months into my career. They convinced me to move my family and helped me envision a long and prosperous career, then they dropped me and my colleagues after losing the contract we were working on. If you choose to work for them, make sure to have a back up plan.

I have a soured view of Accenture. You laid me off after only four months and therefore I cannot qualify for unemployment at a time when my industry is shrinking, it's Q4 and jobs are scarce, and you convinced me to move which estranged me from my support base and professional network. You didn't trust me to gather my own things when I left, and you prohibited my colleagues from having any contact with me after I left. It turns out that the whole process is unethical and unprofessional and the company truly doesn't adhere to it's core values.

It all depends on your project...

Former Employee - Change Management Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Change Management Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Accenture can be a good way to gain industry knowledge in a short period of time. There are a lot of internal resources that you can access in your free time.

Cons

No matter what they tell you during recruiting, your experience will all depend on the project you get staffed on. They can promise work/life balance, etc. but you have no recourse when the SE on your project says otherwise. If you are an "experienced hire" i.e., older than 32, be prepared to be managed and evaluated by someone considerably younger than you.
    Evaluation/Promotion processes are very political and you will have to do all kinds of time-consuming "extracurricular" work if you want advance.
    People come and go with alarming frequency.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!