There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Good, ease of work, flexible, team work environment

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great diversity, team work environment, plenty of opportunites, great training program, has a career counselor who will keep track of your progress, yearly evaluation for promotion, great benefits

Cons

Can sometime be slow in work process, the bench is quite boring when you are off a project and are looking for work, hard to keep track if the people are actually doing work (no checking mechanism).

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

No complaints

Former Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had worked with various teams in Accenture for several years. I have loved the work life balance and experience that I have gathered. This company shaped me to be what I am today. They have excellent projects that you would feel proud of and enjoy working for. I have loved the out of work events and the leadership teams. The company makes you feel like you are a part of a grand schema of things. It is absolutely rapport based. So if you can build rapports you can do really well. As soon as you go to certain level you should find a vet accenturite to guide you and mentor you. I had to move away due to other issues not related to work but I would love to come back if and when I get a chance.

Cons

The growth might be a little slow for some people who want to grow. I have seen people complaining about nit getting promotions on time. If you join as experienced hire make sure you know where you fit in from the salary range else you might be stuck there for some time if you are an average performer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture and good work of the company.

2. Good experience for a large company

Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined ACN through acquisition, so I had the experience of being in my role at both a 3K person company and 250K+ ACN. Being that large has it's benefits because when you're part of a quarter million person organization, you have the resources of a quarter million person organization. There were many opportunities to learn about any topic, category, industry area that you like. You just had to put forth the time and effort. After leaving, I've been very impressed with how engaged they stay with their alumni, keeping them plugged into events, conferences, studies, etc.

Cons

Being part of a quarter million person company, feels like you're one in a quarter million person company. What is a positive is also a challenge. The amount process we had to go through to do something as post a position for a backfill took 3-4x longer at ACN than my prior employer. When I left, the primary reason was that as a delivery lead, I felt that I spent the prior year not doing as much true 'work' but being more of a middle person and information mover.