Accenture

www.accenture.com

Experienced hires have very, very difficult time acclimating unless they've grown up in Big 4 environment

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSome areas are very strategic in approach - which is why they are steady stock.
Work from home, smart people, excellent benefits (PTO, 401(k), health, etc.), decent salary.

Hard to say if I'd recommend to employer so left that button undone. As a young professional just staring out, I'd say grab this opportunity and learn as much as you can. It's a great place to make connections and learn, learn, learn. As an experienced hire - it is a very dramatic culture shock. Would I return? I don't think so. But the right person/background could make a great success here.

ConsReorganization should be done for the purpose of advancement of goals, not because it's been 18 months and let's shake things up.
Work from home culture enables people to be more aggressive and hide behind the computer/phone. They can become abusive and many "leaders" do nothing to halt that behavior because the abusers are "high performers" and therefore untouchables. Makes for a very uncomfortable environment.
Not enough willingness to dare to be different. Too much structure kills the edge.
Opportunity to move around organization can be limited. There are perceived notions of what is a "power" role and what is not.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake things up by being creative and truly innovative - not just using the words. Remember the cobblers children have no shoes? It's the same with Accenture.

Glorified white collar temp agency

I have been working at Accenture

Pros: Great reputation, global company, flexible for life and work. Accenture can be a… Cons: Overworked, underpaid, work is horribly boring, people are unimpressive. Very few people stay around… Advice to Senior Management: Intelligence is not valued, its all a matter of how many hours… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good for new grads but not long-term

Consultant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great opportunity to get some impressive clients straight out of school Learn how… Cons: Disconnect between partners and consultants who actually do the work You… Advice to Senior Management: Try to take into account a person's interest before extending… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Accenture.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!