There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great People, great benefits

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

I work with (mostly) ridiculously smart and effective people, I have received significant raises the past couple of years working here, 5 weeks of PTO a year, generous training allowance, and a very flexible boss (on the current project). Accenture also has annual days of service, lots of attention paid to GLBT and diversity issues with local committees devoted to those things on project. I've been extremely impressed with Accenture, and it's the only large company I've worked for that has felt like it cared about more than just making as much money off of it's employees as it can.

Cons

My experience is mostly because of the project I have been on. I was on two other projects for short periods of time that were much more boring, restrictive, and less flexible. Your day to day experience at Accenture seems to be highly based on project. I have been building up my PTO bank higher than I want, because there's so much work it's sometimes hard to take time off.

Upper management seems to be doing just fine. Some of the line managers are on the inflexible side.

reviews filtered by
  1. Accenture Review

Former Employee - Experienced Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Experienced Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to try multiple skill sets and make contacts within your industry

Cons

Travel. Travel. Travel... Excessive travel is why I left.

Advice: Connect yourself within the firm. Banding and calibration are based upon who knows your work not necessarily the quality of your effort.

2. Hard work. Great place to learn and grow.

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Accenture has a good name brand and encourages creativity. It is a very good place to grow if you put the time in.

Cons

Work / life balance is near non-existent. Extremely layered hierarchy and not conducive to a team atmosphere.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture