There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great place to start a career

Former Employee - Management Consultant in Reston, VA
Former Employee - Management Consultant in Reston, VA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exceptional benefits, salary, opportunities and connections

Cons

Depending on the project the hours can be pretty tough on work life balance.

8908 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Excellent company with which to start a career; excellent long-term company for some.

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clear performance rating system. Clear path for career advancement. Coworkers are generally friendly and helpful. Rewards hard work and soft skills. Great company for people who are well-rounded.

Cons

Difficult to control amount of time available to yourself (especially at lower levels); forty-hour workweek somewhat of a dream. Difficult to control area into which one specializes (especially at lower levels).

Spend more time helping new hires and recent college graduates. They need guidance and support in order to develop their careers in a way that will benefit both them and the company.

Great People, great benefits

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

I work with (mostly) ridiculously smart and effective people, I have received significant raises the past couple of years working here, 5 weeks of PTO a year, generous training allowance, and a very flexible boss (on the current project). Accenture also has annual days of service, lots of attention paid to GLBT and diversity issues with local committees devoted to those things on project. I've been extremely impressed with Accenture, and it's the only large company I've worked for that has felt like it cared about more than just making as much money off of it's employees as it can.

Cons

My experience is mostly because of the project I have been on. I was on two other projects for short periods of time that were much more boring, restrictive, and less flexible. Your day to day experience at Accenture seems to be highly based on project. I have been building up my PTO bank higher than I want, because there's so much work it's sometimes hard to take time off.

Upper management seems to be doing just fine. Some of the line managers are on the inflexible side.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture