There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Good Company

Former Employee - SI&T Consultant OBIEE Capability in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - SI&T Consultant OBIEE Capability in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros

There are a large number of ways to help move your career in whatever direction you want to go. Online training during bench time, ability to move into different roles, lots of people willing to provide advice.

Cons

Accenture is a very large company and it is easy to sometimes feel like you are nothing but an employee number with a chargeable percentage next to that number.

Don't forget to talk to the employees from time to time, and not just with the typical let me blow some smoke in your face about how great everything is. Try getting to know the people that work for you and actually taking an interest in the fact that they have personal lives as well.

reviews filtered by
  1. Wonderful company to learn and grow

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Very good work environment and good pay.

Cons

Team is everything. If you dont get a good team all the things I stated in PROS will not happen.
    So once again TEAM IS EVERYTHING.

There should be a better method to identify talent, Supervisor appraisal does not always need to be correct

2. Confusing career path options, but a great place to get started.

Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great name recognition, training available for many different disciplines, opportunities in many industries. Work environments are usually fun and encouraging. Opportunities are many if you're willing to pursue them and can meet the people needed to do so.

Cons

Career path can be confusing at times if you're not patient or willing to really grab your career by the horns.

Travel can be rough on people, but it seems like you can get away without travel if you play your cards right (I haven't traveled at all in my first year of employment).

More transparency about career path during hiring process. It is difficult to define because it's a consulting firm, but it seems that the average hire just gets assigned something according to business need and then it's difficult to break from that unless you already have a skill set.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture