Sr Systems Manager

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth, Good for US hires, decent paymaster, good number of leaves

Cons

Company does not have a good relocation policy, Green card process approvals are painful, Too big a company to get noticed, the Global relocation policy (GCP) needs to be improved and be relevant to market instead it triggers attrition among employees

Advice to Management

Need to improve internal scheduling of employees, losing good employees due to slow green card approvals, GCP policy definitely needs to improve

reviews filtered by
  1. Senior Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent rewards and compensation. Travel if you like it, diverse culture, team culture.

Cons

Long hours, no work-life balance, thankless work at times.

Advice to Management

Start looking at really providing employees work life balance that is real and meaningful which means you make less profit for wall street

2. Careers at Accenture - do they really exist?

Former Employee - Senior Director of Operations
    Former Employee - Senior Director of Operations

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

During my tenure at Accenture I experienced personal and professional growth, was looked to for expertise in many areas, mentored many young new employees and was generally satisfied with my career choice and path. I have since left Accenture due to changes in Leadership, strategy and feeling like I was no longer having an impact.

Cons

In Accenture "the Emperor wears no pants"...on projects you are told not to speak up if you don't agree with something Sr. Leadership has put forth. Ideas are not encouraged if they clash with Leadership ideas or programs.

Annual appraisal process is horrible. Often people providing input have little knowledge of what you do day to day and their input directly impacts your career. At the end of the process you are grouped in with your peers and then "laddered" if you are on the bottom rung of the ladder you will find out when they let you know you have 30 days to find a new role (yours is being eliminated) if you are not able to find a new role internally you are let go. Oh and by the way the people who can help you find a new role are the HR people that have already determined that you failed in your old role so don't expect to find a new role.

Advice to Management

Start listening to new ideas and engage people in decision that affect them.