There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Much depends on how well you fit with the culture.

Former Employee - Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

- Good training.
- Quick career advancement.
- Great brand recognition.
- International work opportunities.

Cons

- Long working days.
- Quick career advancement can occasionally lead to overinflated egos and somewhat limited work experience for career level.
- Partners can at times be very unpleasant if not arrogant to deal with.
- Projects are often staffed with a few knowledgeable people and many inexperienced staff.
- Extensive problems integrating experienced new hires into the Accenture culture. Collage hires appear to be better suited for their culture.

I have no advice for management.

8488 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Work/Life Balance Nonexistant

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Accenture is a great company to excel your career. You are given a lot of responsibility at a rapid rate. Most of the employees are very competant and produce a high work product.

Cons

Very little work/life balance exists within Accenture's Consulting workforce. Long hours and weekend work are the norm. Don't expect to be rewarded for your efforts as Accenture pays on the low end in comparison to similiar firms. Overall Accenture is a churn and burn work environment that brings in bright, young go getters that get burned out in 2 years.

Treat your people better.

Good place to start a career; Work-life balance can be difficult to achieve

Former Employee - Systems Integration Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

- Many opportunities to learn - if you'd like to specialize in a technology or industry, Accenture is a good place to do it
    - Challenging projects
    - Team members are generally supportive (although I have had some managers that treated the team poorly)
    - Clear career progression

Cons

- Depending on the project that you are on, you might have to travel extensively (even though I was based out of the Los Angeles office, I never worked on a local project)
    - Long hours
    - Some bureaucracy
    - Pay / benefits is ok compared to competitors
    - The company is huge, so you have to make sure to find your niche so you don't get lost

- Don't sacrifice team morale / well-being by trying to cut costs or asking the team to work longer hours with little thanks or recognition

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!