Great environment to grow professionally

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Summer Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Culture was decent. People were very motivated, however they talked about very surface level topics. Probably will never be able to talk to them outside of the work place. Deadlines were met no matter what. Work quality was top-notch and was characteristic of a company that is recognized world-wide. Work environment was sometimes high-stress.

Cons

A lot of the work can sometimes be busy-work. It was probably because I was an intern though. Senior management was sometimes available to talk to, however, when they say that partners were close, they mean it in a more physical sense and they were never available for a chat.

Other Reviews for Accenture

Great place to learn, tough place to be over time

Former Employee - Management Consulting Manager
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Manager

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great learning opportunities
    Everyone is very driven
    High standard expected

Cons

Stewardship, pulling others up with you, isn't a value as much as it used to be
    Relationships with your client not the focus, relationships and network within Accenture is
    Old boy network is strong, it is who you know
    Hard to be an experienced hire, better to grow up in the firm

Realize that they hire some amazing people and listening to them, truly listening, is a good thing

Best Years of my Career!

Current Employee - Director  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, amazing work opportunities, top notch people, inspiring leadership, and your only limitation is yourself! I would encourage anyone emerginv from a top school who wants to continue the same level of intellectual challenge and rigor to apply here.

Cons

Travel, Pace can wear people down over time -- usually when they start having kids. This is manageable if you can organize your life around it effectively, but admittedly it's not for everyone. I ended up leaving when I had a family situation that could not be accomodated -- although the firm did everything in it's power to try to help.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!