There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Accenture employees thrive in a Sink or Swim Environment

Former Employee - Analyst in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Analyst in Miami, FL

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of Mentoring, Lots of Networking Opportunities

Cons

Stay on the good side of anyone you work with...you never know who you will work with again.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Accenture offers a wealth of opportunities for learning and overall career growth. Very few firms offer opportunities for free job training and cross training into any industry focus you like. In my seven years at the firm, I have had the opportunity to train on numerous industry specialties including certification programs with Oracle, PMI, and the Security Congress.

The firms overall core values and ethics are also superb. It is a great working environment, offering the best work/life balance programs I've experienced in the industry.

Cons

Consultant salaries are on the lower end of the spectrum when compared to similarly sized firms. It is understandable that the firm would want to keep project costs low. The easiest place to do this is reducing the bill rate of your consultants. The problem with this, is that at the same time of reducing cost you also want to have the maximum performance. In specialty industries like Tech Arch, ERP Security, Oracle Development, a firm must be prepared to pay top dollar for the truly top performers. While with the firm, I've been documented by senior leadership as one of the top performers and yet my baseline salary, despite multiple promotions, is still 30% below national average

The firm's mission is Top Performance. In order to retain the true Top Performers in the industry, the firm must be prepared to pay for the quality that goes with it. I would suggest an HR review committee designed to address requests for salary adjustments.

An example, a consistently rated top performer feels there salary is below the standard for their work and industry specialty. They could submit a request for salary review to an HR committee, who would do an analysis of their performance, work location, and specialty and potentially offer an offset bonus or perm. increase in baseline salary. So a top performer (rated in the top 5% at their level) could be entitled to a 10% increase in baseline salary during the next performance period. Employees who are rated "consistent with" are not qualified for the program. This new program would provide incentives for top performers to retain with the firm, and encourage their colleagues to continue to improve.

2. Great Company to work for

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pays well, great culture with opportunities for personal development

Cons

leadership, bureaucracy could be a challenge

management and hr is not very friendly

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture