Accenture

www.accenture.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

I really enjoyed working here. Great people, good perks, interesting work.

Current Employee - IT Strategy Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - IT Strategy Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. People - maybe I got lucky, but I have been surrounded by nice, intelligent, hard working people. From several years of working here I only me 1 person I did not like.
2. Dynamic work - if you work in strategy, you bounce around clients and get to see many different environments and learn about different aspects of IT in a way you may not have considered before.
3. Stay West - a pilot that keeps west coast people on the west coast. Of the several years here, I only spent 6 months flying to another city/state. That's right, almost all of my work has been on Bay Area clients.

Cons

1. It's a public company, so it feels the pressure from shareholders unlike many of our competitors. Unfortunately some things, like team building and investing in your people (with more than offsite training, which is still good) have gone by the way side.
2. Because it is a public company, much of senior managers and junior "partners" are busy selling. Problem is, strategy projects are small, so you have strategy folks being forced to sell IO/AO work to make the numbers.
3. Performance review process is, as always, skewed towards brown nosers and people who spend forever on a client (so, not strategy folks). If you're not a social butterfly and are in strategy, it may take some time until you get the bonus. Hard work is recognized, but not as much as it should be.

Your people are what makes your company. So, why not invest in them? Why not build a community around the office and encourage Sr. Managers and MDs to mentor and form closer relationships / mentorships with consultants? You won't be able to sustain the growth if you don't develop talent. Also, fix performance reviews. Skewed towards non-strategy folks who stay on clients forever.

10199 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Overall, very positive experience!!

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Corporate Citizenship, personal growth, global company, strong Code of Ethics, 401K match and great benefits

Cons

Services is difficult for career growth, performance management process

Life sucks at Accenture

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Well the only thing is Onsite Opportunities

Cons

Since the time I joined Accenture its been degraded a lot

As a senior resource of Accenture Just wanted to say to the management that your Team Leads/AMs are not utilizing the resources in an efficient manner. Plus Accenture talks about Respect for Individual which I don't see in these last 4 years. Please revisit those Team Leads/AMs and get the image corrected.
    I am so unsatisfied that I DONT want to call Accenture a good place to work.
    Thanks