Accenture

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

More than just Consulting roles

Current Employee - Global Human Resources Programs & Operations in Anaheim, CA
Current Employee - Global Human Resources Programs & Operations in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You hear a lot about the burn out that occurs for people in consulting roles, but there are also many other opportunities, especially in the Corporate Functions space. Work from home and set own hours.

Cons

While the flexibility is nice, tend to work around the clock supporting all parts of the world. People in the corporate functions space are work-aholics.

9456 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Great firm if you can stay with them!

Current Employee - Systems Developer Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Developer Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great LGBT policies including especially trans insurance coverage, though I don't get why BCBSIL said they wouldn't cover hair transplants, liposuction with fat transfer, and voice surgery if you dare risk that. Our policies say they cover according to WPATH standards which say any procedure may be medically indicated as decided by your doctor.

It was a big help that our international lead for transgender inclusion got me in touch with the BCBS employee who knows our policy. This BCBS employee got BCBS to cover electrolysis after an initial denial. And she is in the process of checking about coverage for voice therapy, which she shouldn't have to do because WPATH also says this is a possible treatment.

Some positions like mine earn 24 days of PTO/year as the year progresses from your start date.

Cons

I never worked so many hours!

Severance pay is not a lump sum but your salary - unemployment as the weeks go by. So you don't get severance if you find another job fast.

Not many mainframe jobs, and I'm losing mine because my client has been looking to save money and I was last in so first out.

Surprisingly primitive search tools in their two main internal job boards and their external job board.

Fix job search engines so you can search with "and" and "or" conditions, locations, and have searches actually return what you search for!

Amazing company to work for.

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

Keeps up with latest market technology and contributes to building robust technology in most industries.

Cons

Salaries need to be negotiated.

Doing great