Accenture

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

A Mixed Experience

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunities to get on many different types of projects
Surrounded by high quality people
Generous amount of PTO

Cons

Little autonomy over staffing decisions
Networking is a must; I often feel like a slacker if I choose not to attend all the extracurricular events

It is easy for consultants to suffer an identity crisis-- always being surrounded by the client, it's easy to forget that we actually work for Accenture.

9218 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

The MOST Dishonest place you can work

Current Employee - Senior Business and Systems Integration Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay and 5 weeks of vacation a year. Also health benefits are out of this world.

Cons

You will be put on projects and be expected to learn a new programming language to mastery in under two weeks along with 5 or 6 different pieces of software.

I have never been so lied to by so many people throughout the corporate structure in all my life. I have been told I was incompetent. I made an ethical call one time and was judged harshly, had 4 managers contact me and each spend about 1 hour deballing me OUTSIDE of work hours, this was a clear case of ethical wrong doing. The only thing that stopped me from losing my job is I can't be replaced. You can be given the work of 2-4 people and are expected to be on time, so expect 80 hour weeks and up to 100 hour weeks if you travel.

You will be lied to in the job interview, you will be lied to in on boarding, you will be lied to about job roles, and you will be lied to by leadership. Everyone will tell you they are trying to help you, when no one really is trying to help you unless you are working with direct friends don't expect help from those around you. (I am a people person and can work with anyone). Everyone will lie to you in this company from the ground up, there are a few good people but out there but they make up about 1% of the company. Do not stay at this company longer than you have to. I make 85k a year out of college and am looking to take a pay cut just to leave this horrible company.

You will have no work life balance, you make a lot but you will have to give up just as much. I lost my long time girlfriend I was going to marry because of this company not being understanding, they will have you fly out to who knows where for sometimes little to no work and when on site while traveling they want you to work 12-15 hour days, don't expect a lunch break. I can go on and on.

PS
    Manager’s exact words to me were “It is not left up to you to make ethical decisions, leave that up to leadership “this statement was doubled down by many other managers during my deballing process. Never have I dealt with a total lack of professionalism. I am a total professional in everything I do and have never been met with such hostility for doing the right thing; I was also told my career was over in the company for making an ethical decision. So if you are ethical this isn't the place for you, they will go the way Anderson consulting did.

Get out while you can, and if you are looking for someplace to work this is not where you want to be.

Support your team and workers, don't beat them down and stop lying to clients about how experience your very green team is. Be ethical rather than just doing lip service to it.

Accenture challenges me to step outside my comfort zone while playing my strengths in order to excel

Current Employee - Business and Systems Integration Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business and Systems Integration Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Accenture as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people are intelligent, humble, hard-working, and willing to help
    Wide range of opportunities to be involved in company culture

Cons

Company is going through a lot of change

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture