Accenture

Accenture - Great Place to Work and have a Career

Current Employee - Senior Manager in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great people, exciting work, strong leadership and opportunties for growth. Accenture has been a great place to work for my 10+ years with the firm. I would strongly recommend Accenture to anyone who wants a great job.

Cons

Work/Life Balance is hard to balance with out of town projects sometimes anywhere in the world.

No advice at this time.

10263 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Accenture effectively supports career and professional growth, but not always compensation increases

Current Employee - Systems Integration Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Accenture culture is focused on collaboration and delivery value to our clients. The people who work here are motivated, talented and, for the most part, easy to get along with. Accenture is tied more closely to the delivery of systems integration projects, but has strong skills in technology, management and strategy consulting which are often overlooked.

Cons

Accenture's business model had depended on hiring individuals out of undergraduate universities and growing their skills and experiences over time. However, that growth has come at the cost of commensurate compensation increase in recent years. The company is built upon this model but the salary gap between "home grown" executives and experienced hire executives is becoming larger and larger.

As an individual who has consistently been rated in the top 5 or 25% over his career, yet still falls in the lowest salary zone by level, I am simply not motivated to continue to perform and deliver value as I have in the past. And to see Senior Managers consistently passed over for Senior Executive promotion while SE new hires are becoming more common place does not help either. The incentive to sustain a career at Accenture is simply not there and the best option for most is to leave with the option of being hired back at a substantial premium.

Great work/life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Management very supportive and respectful of their employees. Understanding about work/life balance as well. I have never had any issues getting time off when needed.

Cons

I do not like the performance appraisal process. Very lengthy and everyone's reviews are due at one time of the year. If you are over a large team, it can be overwhelming.

I have respect for the leadership at Accenture and feel as if I can approach any of them. I also feel they are very respectful to their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture